Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finishing Touches and Other Odds & Ends



Last night I received a package that I've been anxiously awaiting, custom golf cart decals from Elephannie for the golf course mural in Elliot's room. I never managed to paint golf carts and without them the cart path seemed less like a path, and more like a big white wavy line around his room. Elliot responded to the carts as soon as he noticed them by banging on the red one and pointing to others.
In addition to my quest to design the perfect nursery, I have also been busy packing for our trip to NY. Elliot has a lot of stuff! We plan to hit the road tomorrow at 4:30 AM - hopefully Elliot will sleep in the car until about 7:00. I plan to spend a good portion of the trip in the back seat with him. He has started making kiss sounds so maybe after some quality Mommy-baby car time he'll be able to blow kisses. That and we'll also work on saying "bye-bye". Tonight he did say "book", or something that sounded like "book", when were picking out a bed time story. His Aunt Stacey (the aunt with a Masters in Library Science) would be very proud if "book" turns out to be his first word. We'll see if he repeats the trick. I won't be posting from NY so check back Tuesday for pics and tales from our big trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the golf charts! It really completes the look!! Elliot doesn't know how lucky he is to have such a creative Mommy!!

Stacey said...

I love the golf carts, too! What a great idea.

P.S. Yay for book!