Thursday, January 8, 2009

Make Every Moment Count






I can't believe it's already 2009! To celebrate we went to a party at our friend's Cakki and Jim's house. Their son David is 2 so it was a party with lots of kids = lots of fun for Elliot. We left at around 8 and Elliot was in bed by 10. I had a glass of champagne with B, then fell asleep on the couch. I am glad I did get a good night sleep because we ended up having a busy first weekend of the year. The highlight of the weekend was a hike to the River with our neighbors the Gables (you may remember Elliot's friend Martin Gable from earlier posts). It was a beautiful day, a great hike, and a wonderful start to the new year.

2008 flew by. My resolution this year is savor every moment that I get to spend with Brian and Elliot. Elliot changes every day and last night shocked me with the following conversation (me and Elliot in the car), a moment that will make me smile everytime I think of it.

Mommy: "Elliot do you know what a cow says? What do you think a cow would say to you?"
Elliot: "(short pause then confident response) Moo"
Mommy: "That's right. How about a duck? What do you think a duck says?"
Elliot: "(longer pause) Cack, Cack"
Mommy: "Yes, quack, a duck says quack. Okay, this is a hard one. What do you suppose a sheep says."
Elliot: (silence)
Mommy: "Come on, you know. What does a sheep say."
Elliot: (long pause) "Baaaa"

I was so excited I think I squealed, Elliot clapped too. Fun times.

No comments: