Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Can you say Egg?

While Daddy was on a golfing adventure (playing and watching) Elliot and I spent the weekend in Williamsburg. Elliot and I both were not feeling tip top on Friday and Saturday (although you can't really tell by the pictures of Elliot at the playground) so it was nice to have Mimsey's help. We had a lovely Easter weekend that included a trip to a really cool park that had a huge slide; lots of Easter presents; Easter service in the court yard of Bruton Parish Church; and an afternoon of hunting eggs and playing outside.




No fear here! Elliot went down the slide at least 10 times.




Elliot was pretty excited about his Easter basket - thanks Grammy, Mimsey, Aunt Lindsay and Uncle John for all of the great gifts!



Church wiped Elliot out! After resting and lunching he was ready to hunt for eggs. He kept saying "ball" as he spotted eggs. I kept saying, "Elliot that's an egg, can you say egg." He looked at me like I was crazy.


Elliot had the Egg hunt figured out in no time and wanted "more" so I re-hid the eggs a few times to extend the hunt.



It wouldn't be Easter without at least one piece of candy. Much to Elliot's delight, I gave him a chocolate duck. I let him eat the head then quickly packed it away. I think he had enough sugar for the week!


Although Elliot was pretty well behaved at Mimsey's house there was one thing he could not resist - the Easter Tree. He had lots of fun taking all of the "grass" out of the pot and kept trying to play with all of the eggs.

No comments: