Monday, December 10, 2012

Visit with Santa

The kids are so excited for Christmas. I have to admit, I am pretty excited too. I have continued a couple of Traditions that we started last year, and added some new ones.

I hung up the advent wreathes I made last year and everyday the kids get a treat (sticker, chocolate coin, or little ornament). This year, instead of hanging the little ornaments on the big Christmas tree, they get to hang them on their own mini (artificial) tree in the kitchen. We have also continued the tradition of the elf on the shelf. Every night our elf, Ruby, finds a new place to hide and the kids LOVE finding him in the morning. For those of you not familiar with the elf on the shelf, click here. Lastly, Every night the kids get to open a new Christmas book. This is a new tradition, and not all of the books are new. Last spring I packed away all of the Christmas books - we own 23 Christmas books! Each night I place a "new" Christmas book in fabric bag. The kids are loving rediscovering their Christmas books!

To round out the festivities, we visited Santa this past weekend.  Beatrice was very excited until it was her turn - then she tried to bolt. She became less scared when she saw that Santa had lollipops and that Elliot was super excited and not afraid to meet Santa.

Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy, it is a picture of a picture.


No comments: